Provide a catalyst to change adoption using strategic recognition & incentive practices. Personalized communications, targeted award offering and other recognition techniques can help your company gain employee acceptance, and minimize worker resistance.
If you want employees to work differently and to behave differently, you will need to reward them differently.
What are the current rewards? How do you give the reward? In the future system, what are the rewards going to be? First, you will need to reward them to change, and then you will need to reward them to work the way you want them to work in the future. You will want to reward them for changing and acquiring the right skills to behave the right way. You will want to reward them for going a bit further than average and doing things right. You will also want to reward them to collaborate, to innovate and to work to achieve global goals than chase local optimizations.
Your change management program and the reward schemes that underpin it must ensure a win-win at all levels and a greater incentive for cross-functional collaboration. Build an effective communication delivery system to highlight early success stories. Publicize and reward aggressively and use your informal communication mechanism to ensure best practices are shared quickly and the company is on the track to sustain the change.
1. Combe, M. (2014). Change Readiness: Focusing Change Management Where It Counts. PMI White Paper. Retrieved 28 February 2021, from, https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/change-readiness-11126.
2. Eby, K. (2017, June 12). Free Lean Six Sigma Templates. Smartsheet. https://www.smartsheet.com/free-lean-six-sigma-templates
3. Stafford, S. (2020, January 5). The ADKAR Model. Change Managers. https://changemanager.ie/2020/01/13/the-adkar-model/
4. Ndukwu, D. (2020, March 18). 7 Data Collection Methods for Qualitative and Quantitative Data. KyLeads. https://www.kyleads.com/blog/data-collection-methods/
5. Courtney, F. (2019, September 20). Change Management: 3 Reasons Why Training Supports Organizational Change. ELearning Industry. https://elearningindustry.com/change-management-3-reasons-training-supports-organizational-change
6. Communication Checklist for Achieving Change Management. (n.d.). Prosci. Retrieved March 4, 2021, from https://www.prosci.com/resources/articles/change-management-communication-checklist
7. Cheney, J. (2020, August 27). The Top 5 Ways to Operationalize Change. Think Up Consulting. https://thinkupconsulting.com/the-top-5-ways-to-operationalize-change/